How to Win a non-Agile Client with an Agile Contract
Who is this Workshop For?
Any sales or pre-sales team of a software product vendor or supplier of IT services, such as a web agency, that works in an Agile way, but is often faced with clients that still think in traditional ways.
Your team should be familiar with Agile skills and concepts.
Why Organise this Workshop?
When a vendor or supplier is working the sales pipeline process, they will highly likely realise at some point, that the prospect has traditional thinking. Symptoms include:
- Everything is a must-have, even though all the details are not known.
- A fixed-price is demanded, to reduce risk for the prospect.
- The prospect expects you, as the experts, to go away and come back in 9 months with their product.
- You are faced with questions such as “how much will X cost”, despite the details not being known, let alone the prospect’s culture, operations and people.
Then this workshop is for you.
Based on what is discovered during the 45 minute investigation call, we will identify a number of techniques that the whole team can explore during the workshop.
In every case we will not only look at how the technique is used, but we will also seek to understand how it works and most importantly why it works.
We will then identify the one thing that the team will focus on in the time period immediately after the workshop, after which we will follow-up to make sure progress is made.
Topics for the Team may include some of the following, non-exclusive list:
- Discover how Agile fits perfectly to the sales-pipeline.
- Appreciating why a non-negotiable deadline is perfect for Agile.
- Working with the Sales-process when everything is a “must-have”.
- The use of MoSCoW to eliminate the fear when the high-level scope is non-negotiable.
- Understanding the key differences in an Agile contract.
- Top Agile contracting tips.
- Key questions when negotiating scope.
- Key arguments “for” Agile.
- How to mutually understand your respective cultures.
Most Important Information at a Glance
- 45 min investigation call
- 3 Hours onsite training
- 30 min follow-up call, 2-3 weeks later
- English (German on request)
- CHF 3500 excl VAT (plus reasonable expenses if traveling).
- Max 12 people
Interested? Then get in touch now.